fitness unlimited

Fire Station Study Begins

| January 14, 2014

The roots of the town’s Fire Department go back to the late 1700s, when a joint effort to fight fire was established with neighboring Dorchester.

As the town grew, a formal Milton Fire Department was established. Over the years, residents studied locations, equipment and emerging fire fighting techniques to adequately service the community.

Eventually, town leaders established three locations for the community’s fire stations. Two of those stations are virtually unchanged from that era. The Fire Department Headquarters behind Town Hall and the Blue Hill Station are both more than 100 years old. The East Milton Station is the newest, built in 1953.

With that in mind, community leaders are again studying the vital needs of the Fire Department’s facilities.

At this past year’s Annual Town Meeting in May, the Fire Space Needs Committee was approved and Town Moderator Brian Walsh was charged with appointing its five members.
For more subscribe to our e-edition.





Share
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail



Tags: ,

Category: News

Comments are closed.