Milton, MA. – The Department of Public Works has issued the following yard waste collection notice:
The first yard waste collection for 2014 begins Monday, April 7 through Friday, April 11.
Some simple guide lines:
- Please remember to place all yard waste into barrels or in a paper leaf bag.
- Leaf bags may be purchased at your local hardware and lawn care centers.
- Branches should be less than 4 inches in diameter.
- Branches should be less than 3 feet in length.
- Branches may be bundled and securely tied with natural fiber string.
- Bundles should be under 40 lbs in weight.
- Grass clippings should be in paper bags or barrels labeled as “YARD WASTE”
- Yard Waste stickers from DPW are no longer used.
- Please add your own “YARD WASTE” label on barrels.
- Please, no plastic bags
If you have any questions please call the DPW line at
617-898-4900 and select the “TRASH LINE”