Milton, MA. – Town Clerk Susan Galvin and the Board of Registrars have announced that the last day to register to vote for the state election is Wednesday, Oct. 15.
The Office of the Town Clerk will remain open until 8 p.m. on that evening to assist residents who are not presently registered to vote and wish to vote in the state election on Tuesday, Nov. 4.
Meanwhile, Galvin also announced that over-the-counter absentee voting for the state election will be available beginning Wednesday, Oct. 16 and will continue through noon on Monday, Nov. 3.
Absentee ballots may be cast by eligible voters during regular Town Clerk office hours: Monday-Thursdays: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. and Fridays 8 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Massachusetts allows voters to vote by absentee ballot if they:
- will be absent from your city or town on election day, and/or
- have a physical disability that prevents your voting at the polling
- cannot vote at the polls due to religious beliefs.
To request that an absentee ballot be mailed to you:
- An application form is available to download on our website: www.townofmilton.org/townclerk
- You may also make application by letter or note, which must include your name, address, and an address where you wish the absentee ballot to be sent and your signature.
If you have any questions regarding your voter status, please contact the Office of the Town Clerk at 617-898-4859.