Milton, MA – The Holiday Celebration Committee invites residents to participate in the Veterans Day observation to be held Tuesday, Nov. 11.
All participants who wish to march in this year’s parade should gather at Milton High School, 25 Gile Road, by 10:30 a.m.. The parade will proceed from Milton High School, onto Canton Avenue and straight to the Town Hall for the Veterans Day observance, which will begin at 11 a.m..
Service organizations, church organizations, boy scouts and girl scouts are invited to join Town officials and Legion members.
Program format Town Hall: 1
. Opening Remarks – Kathleen M. Conlon, Chairman of the Board of Selectman
2. Introduction/Comments – Frank Stout, Chairman of the Holiday Celebrations Committee
3. Opening Prayer – Father Peter Casey, St. Agatha Parish
4. Remarks – Paul McDonnell, Commander Legion Post 114
5. Final Orders of General John J. Pershing – James Maniscalco, Milton High School Student
6. Armed Forces Medley – Milton High School Chorus & Concert Band
7. Veterans Day Legion Program – Raising/Lowering of Flag –Legion Members; Star Spangled Banner – Milton High School Mixed Chorus
8. Veteran’s Day Speaker – Kevin J. Mearn, U.S. Army Airborne
9. Comments – Representative Walter F. Timilty
10. Closing Comments – Frank Stout, Chairman of the Holiday Celebrations Committee 11. Closing Prayer – Rev. Norman Bendroth-First Congregational Church
12. God Bless America – Milton High School Concert Band