The Milton Historical Society (MHS) is hosting its annual Patriots Day open house on Sunday, April 14 from 1 to 3 p.m, at the Suffolk Resolves House on 1370 Canton Ave. The event is free and light refreshments will be available.
The Suffolk Resolves House is the current headquarters of the MHS. To prevent the house’s demolition in 1950, Dr. and Mrs. James Bourne Ayer moved it from its original location on Adams Street (where Citizens Bank is now, next to the Milton trolley stop) to its present location on upper Canton Avenue.
The Ayers had the house restored by William Morris Hunt II and later gave it to the MHS. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 1973.
The MHS is a nonprofit organization founded in 1904 that collects, preserves, publishes, and exhibits artifacts and records relating to the town.
For more information about the MHS or to become a corporate sponsor or a member, check out www.miltonhistoricalsociety.org.